Location: Harlingen, Texas
We are seeking passionate and driven middle school-level math tutors for a part- time position during the Spring 2019 academic semester! Tutors will work several days per week within a middle school in the Harlingen/Raymondville, TX area providing math tutorials to individual and small groups of students.
School: Raymondville ISD, Middle School (78580 zip code)
Days & Times: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays, 8 Hours Per Day (Includes 1 Hour Each Day of Paid Planning Time)
Compensation: $26 per hour, Plus Paid Training, Paid Planning Time Each Day
Subjects: 7th Grade Math
Action Potential Learning is seeking part- time middle school-level math tutors in the Raymondville ISD area. Action Potential Learning is an intervention tutoring and enrichment education company with one goal in mind- to improve the academic success of every student. We are dedicated to supporting students by providing individualized tutoring support to students in a small group setting. We are seeking motivated and positive tutors that love inspiring students and wish to improve educational outcome for all students.
As an in- school reading and math tutor, you will work with groups of 1 to 6 students outside the classroom to enhance instruction and improve STAAR scores. This assignment is located in a middle school within the Raymondville, TX area. Tutors will travel to the school and help administer tutoring sessions as needed. We provide paid training on learning strategies, content, management strategies and pedagogy with continuous support and growth opportunities throughout the year. As a provider of school tutoring, enrichment classes, and professional development courses, we also provide the opportunity for additional job opportunities within our company throughout the year. Tutors with instructional experience in a school setting are preferred, but not required.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, OR a teaching certification
- Strong GPA in your content area
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus but not required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to pass a basic subject teaching lesson during the interview process
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Have reliable transportation and car insurance and willing to travel to Raymondville ISD area school(s)
- Professional experience, graduate degree, or tutoring/ teaching experience strongly preferred
- Reside within Raymondville, TX or a surrounding suburb
- Willingness to travel to Raymondville ISD schools
All qualified applicants will be subject to a background check during the interview process. This application is for multiple tutoring opportunities within schools in the Harlingen/Raymondville area. Specific school availability and options will be discussed at the interview and discussed in greater detail if an offer is extended. Action Potential Learning, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.