Reading Tutor, Teacher
Location: Houston, Texas
We are seeking passionate and driven intervention tutors and teachers for a part- time position during the 2019/20 school year! Tutors will work several days per week within a Houston-area Middle School during the school day, tutoring Reading.
School: Houston-Area, Middle School (77004 zip code)
Days & Times: Monday-Thursday 1 PM - 3:30 PM (Includes Paid Planning Time)
Schedule: Tutorials will run for the remainder of the school year
Compensation: $23 per hour, Paid Trainings, & Paid Planning Time Every Day
Subjects: Middle School-Level Reading Small Group Tutoring
Action Potential Learning is seeking part- time Middle School-level Reading tutors in the Houston area to help to struggling students within schools and work within the classroom to assist the main classroom teacher as well as work with small groups of students (up to 5) in the classroom to provide targeted instruction and tutoring. Action Potential Learning is an intervention tutoring and enrichment education company with one goal in mind- to improve the academic success of every student. We are dedicated to supporting students by providing individualized tutoring support to students in a small group setting. We are seeking motivated and positive tutors that love inspiring students and wish to improve educational outcome for all students.
As an in- school tutor, you will work with groups of 1 to 5 students inside and/or outside of the classroom to enhance instruction and improve reading competency. This assignment is located in a Middle School within the Houston area. Tutors will travel to the school and help within the classroom or administer tutoring sessions as needed. We provide paid training on learning strategies, content, management strategies and pedagogy with continuous support and growth opportunities throughout the year. As a provider of school tutoring, enrichment classes, and professional development courses, we also provide the opportunity for additional job opportunities within our company throughout the year. Tutors with instructional experience in a school setting are preferred, but not required.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, OR a teaching certification
- Availability in mornings to early afternoon
- Strong GPA in your content area
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Special Education experience a plus but not required
- Ability to pass a basic subject teaching lesson during the interview process
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Have reliable transportation and car insurance and willing to travel to Houston area school(s)
- Professional experience, graduate degree, or tutoring/ teaching experience strongly preferred
- Reside within Houston, TX or a surrounding suburb
- Willingness to travel to Houston ISD schools
All qualified applicants will be subject to a background check during the interview process. This application is for multiple job opportunities within schools in the Houston area. Specific school availability and options will be discussed at the interview and discussed in greater detail if an offer is extended. Action Potential Learning, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Tags: Houston TX